Lydia E. KavrakiRice University
G2R World Ranking 847th
G2R United States Ranking 529th
H-Index & Metrics
|Number of Google Citations||28,811|
|Number of Articles on DBLP||191|
Awards & Achievements
- 2017 - ACM Athena Lecturer Award For the invention of randomized motion planning algorithms in robotics and the development of robotics-inspired methods for bioinformatics and biomedicine.
- 2012 - IEEE Fellow For contributions to robot-motion planning and computational biology
- 2010 - ACM Fellow For contributions to robotic motion planning and its application to computational biology.
- 2008 - AAAI Fellow For significant contributions to the field of automated motion planning and the development of widely used probabilistic search algorithms
- 2000 - ACM Grace Murray Hopper Award For her seminal work on the probabilistic roadmap approach which has caused a paradigm shift in the area of path planning, and has many applications in robotics, manufacturing, nanotechnology and computational biology.